Major Heating and Air Conditioning has been Denver’s leading boiler repair, maintenance and installation provider since 1970. For over 54 years, we have continued to build upon our expertise in all boiler systems, and we are known for our ability to easily diagnose and repair any type of boiler heating system. When you work with our team, you’ll have peace of mind that all boiler repair and maintenance services will be performed correctly the first time.
Boilers are complex, but they are a necessary asset to your facility. At Major Heating and Air Conditioning, we understand the headaches that are involved when a boiler system doesn’t operate efficiently or breaks down. In Colorado, there are many contractors out there that claim to have the necessary experience to tackle a complex boiler system, but few of them actually have the portfolio to prove it. We leverage over 54 years of expertise with boilers and have never failed to address any boiler issue that is thrown at us. All our commercial HVAC specialists are cross trained to handle any type of boiler issue. We guarantee we can diagnose and repair any problem with your boiler system the first time.
Call 303-424-1622 (M-F 7am – 5pm)
or Schedule Your Appointment Online
How Do Boilers Work?
Boilers heat your facility by producing hot water or steam which is distributed throughout the building via baseboard radiators or heating coils. Once the steam cools, it returns to water form and is transported through the boiler’s pipe system and returned to the heating tank so the process can be repeated. This provides a warm, comfortable environment even on the coldest winter days.
Boilers provide a variety of benefits compared with furnaces, including:
- Lower energy consumption
- Lower heating bills
- Quieter operation
- Consistent and reliable heating
- Reduced carbon footprint
Boiler Repair Services in Denver
Boilers are complex pieces of equipment, and ongoing boiler maintenance is required to ensure it continues running well for years to come. At Major Heating and Air Conditioning, we provide comprehensive boiler repair and maintenance services for commercial and industrial facilities, including:
- Hot water boiler repair, service and preventative maintenance
- Steam boiler repair, service and preventative maintenance
- Welded repairs
- Tube repair
- Boiler refractory
- Boiler efficiency testing and Boiler tuning
- Controls and Building Automation
- Boiler plant planning and efficiency consolations
- Boiler forensics
Our expert technicians have extensive experience diagnosing and repairing a wide range of boiler issues. We use state-of-the-art equipment to identify the precise source of the problem. This allows us to determine the right approach necessary to restore your boiler to working order as quickly as possible.
Signs You Need Boiler Repair Services
The following issues may indicate that you need boiler repair services:
- Abnormal sounds – Boilers are typically very quiet. If you notice clanging, gurgling or banging sounds, it may be a sign that debris has built up in the heat exchanger. Boiler repair is typically necessary to fix the problem.
- Water leaks – Anytime you experience a water leak in your boiler, it should be a cause for concern. These leaks can quickly spread throughout your walls and floor, resulting in serious water damage. Water leaks may be a sign that you have a bad pipe connection, but it can also be due to a more complex issue.
- Inconsistent heating – If you find that your heat doesn’t always work or that you have cold spots in your house, it’s a sign that your boiler needs repairs. This problem can be due to a variety of issues, including a broken thermostat, damaged airlock or another part that malfunctions.
- The boiler shuts off frequently – Boilers typically shut down to avoid overheating. There are a variety of potential causes of this problem, and it’s critical to have the issue diagnosed by a boiler repair professional to ensure it is resolved correctly.
- Higher energy bills – Paying attention to your monthly energy bills is an effective way to spot an issue with your boiler. While you should expect your boiler to work harder during the winter, this should result in a consistent monthly increase in your energy bills all winter long. If you start noticing a spike in your energy bill from one month to the next, it may be an indication of reduced efficiency. In some instances, simple boiler maintenance may solve the problem, but other times more extensive repairs may be required.
- Unusual smells – If you notice unusual odors resembling rotten eggs, it may be a sign that your boiler has a gas leak. If you detect a smell like this, it’s important to call our boiler repair team at once.
All of our NATE-certified Commercial HVAC Specialists are highly trained and enjoy their profession. They arrive ready to answer questions and prepared to solve any problems you may have. When you choose Major, you can be confident you are receiving the best, most honest boiler repair service from Colorado’s most recognized industry experts.
Boiler Maintenance Services in Denver
The best way to avoid the need for costly boiler repairs is to stay on top of your regular maintenance services. At Major, we recommend having your boiler system inspected every year to identify potential issues in their earliest stages before they develop into serious problems.
Regular boiler maintenance will prolong the lifespan of your system, improve its energy efficiency and reduce the frequency of breakdowns.
Our team will perform the following services as part of your regular boiler maintenance:
- Check all safety devices
- Adjust your boiler’s gas pressure as needed
- Ensure all electrical connections are working properly
- Clean your boiler’s components
- Make sure all seals are intact
- Check the gas and water pipe system
- Check the condensate pipe and trap for blockages
- Perform a glue gas test to ensure your boiler is burning the right mixture of air and gas
Boiler Replacement and Installation
With proper maintenance, most boilers can last at least 15 years, if not longer. However, as with any appliance, your boiler will eventually wear out and need to be replaced. At Major, we are Denver’s leading boiler replacement professionals. Our team will discuss your options with you in detail to ensure you choose the right model for your facility’s needs. Then our team will handle every aspect of the boiler installation process to ensure it is performed correctly.
Common signs that it may be time to replace your boiler include:
- Age – If you’ve had your boiler for over 15 years, it may be time for a new one, even if it is still working. Older boilers may deliver less effective and reliable heating. In addition, modern boiler models provide more energy-efficient solutions. Therefore, upgrading an old model before it dies may provide important benefits.
- Frequent repairs – If your boiler requires regular repairs beyond the standard boiler maintenance tasks, you may find it’s more cost-effective to replace it.
- Uneven heating – If some rooms run hot while others are always too cold, it’s typically a sign that your boiler is failing and ready to be replaced.
- Rising energy bills – Sometimes, rising energy bills are a sign of a problem that can be repaired. Other times, it’s a sign that your boiler is becoming less efficient, and a replacement may be the best solution.
Why Choose Major Heating and Air Conditioning
For more than 54 years, Major Heating and Air Conditioning has been Denver’s trusted provider for all matters associated with boiler repair, boiler maintenance, boiler replacement and boiler installation. We are committed to delivering the highest quality service and products at an exceptional value. Our technicians use the latest and most advanced installation and service techniques, ensuring all work will be done properly the first time.
Our team works with boilers of all sizes, models and conditions, and we have the expertise to address any issue you may have. You can always count on upfront and transparent pricing, and you’ll receive highly informative, low-pressure recommendations from our technicians. We also provide 24/7 emergency service, allowing you to minimize the time spent without heat during frigid winter days.
Call 303-424-1622 (M-F 7am – 5pm)
or Schedule Your Appointment Online