Major Heating and Air Conditioning has been in business for over 40 years! One of the advantages of working with us is that you have an opportunity to work on diverse residential and commercial projects, including geothermal, boiler systems, controls, energy management systems, and much more! Major Heating and Air Conditioning is not your average HVAC Company, the internal competencies of this company and its superior customer service allow it access to cutting-edge projects in the market.
The Controls Technician will responsible for the field installation, start-up and commissioning of DDC BAS (Building Automation Systems), including the following:
- Installing communications networks and I/O devices.
- Read and troubleshoot programming.
- Understand and troubleshoot network communications.
- Understand and troubleshoot Controllers, I/O devices; both proprietary and generic.
- Understand and configure systems components and configurations, including network layout, IP settings, I/O devices.
- Troubleshoot control circuits; both AC and DC.
- 5 years BACnet and/or BAS experience.
- Medium level of PC skills (keyboarding, getting around in Window OS as a minimum).
- Hands-on experience with controls installation and troubleshooting.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Thorough understanding of HVAC Controls and typical systems including Refrigeration, Air Systems, Package and Built Up systems.
- Ambitions to develop an understanding of IT networks (Lead Tech requirement).
- Must be able to obtain Federal Clearance for work in Federal Buildings.
- Commissioning and Testing including PID tuning.
- Desire to learn and self-motivate.
Additional Skills Desired
- Visual Basic
- Database programming experience is desirable
- Medical, Dental available.
- Company-paid training program.
- Paid Uniforms and Boots.
- Vacation paid time off and holidays.
Please submit your qualifications to email@example.com and tell us how you can “Make It Major” with our team of world-class professionals!