Major Heating and Air Conditioning has been in business for over 40 years! One of the advantages of working with us is that you have an opportunity to work on diverse residential and commercial projects, including geothermal, boiler systems, controls, energy management systems, and much more! Major Heating and Air Conditioning is not your average HVAC Company, the internal competencies of this company and its superior customer service allow it access to cutting-edge projects in the market.
The Controls Engineer will responsible for the planning, design, integration, and administration of control systems including: programming, checkout, start-up and optimization of control systems. Controls Engineer will also apply judgment and discretion when dealing with the development and testing of these systems.
- Assist with specification and sizing of control devices and instruments.
- Communicate with the project manager concerning progress or problems related to the project.
- Plan, perform and direct the application of standard engineering methods and techniques on work of large single or multidisciplinary controls projects under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Assist in development of engineering proposals including scope, budget and schedule requirements.
- Perform construction support, equipment checkout, start-up support and operational efficiency development.
- Development of sequence of operations.
- Perform and direct the engineering of control systems including the design, controls panels and electrical schematics.
- 5 years BaCnet experience.
- Hands-on experience with controls engineering and programming.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Thorough understanding of HVAC Controls.
- Previous experience working with BACnet design and implementation including.
- Develop Sequence of Operations for HVAC controls.
- Create AutoCAD drawings.
- Create Web Pages.
- Thorough understanding of IT networks.
- Must be able to get Federal Clearance for work in Federal Buildings.
- Commissioning and Testing including PID tuning.
Additional Skills Desired
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering field.
- Visual Basic.
- Database programming experience is desirable.
- Medical, Dental available.
- Company-paid training program.
- Paid Uniforms and Boots.
- Vacation paid time off and holidays.
Please submit your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you can “Make It Major” with our team of world-class professionals!