Major Heating and Air Conditioning has been in business for over 40 years! One of the advantages of working with us is that you have an opportunity to work on diverse residential and commercial projects, including geothermal, boiler systems, controls, energy management systems, and much more! Major Heating and Air Conditioning is not your average HVAC Company, the internal competencies of this company and its superior customer service allow it access to cutting-edge projects in the market.
We are looking for energetic, experienced Service and Installation Technicians (Comfort Specialists) for our Wheat Ridge Headquarters. HVAC Service Technicians/Installers will work with numerous system parts and mechanisms, to maintain, diagnose and correct HVAC system problems. This includes replacing parts and adjusting system controls for better performance by using special tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Provides preventive maintenance on heating and cooling systems.
- Troubleshoots units that are not working and replaces parts that are defective.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Installs refrigeration, air conditioning, heating, pneumatic control, and humidity control systems.
- Understanding and troubleshooting knowledge of the following:
- Rooftop Units
- Air Handling Units
- Wet Systems
- Cooling Towers
- VAV Boxes
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Build strong customer relationships and build knowledge and understanding of new and existing customer needs/expectations.
- Minimum 3 years’ HVAC experience.
- Knowledge of the theory, methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the trade.
- Possess own basic hand tools.
- Universal EPA Certified.
- Knowledge of the operating principles and characteristics of the various types of refrigeration, pneumatic/ddc control, and air conditioning systems.
- Knowledge of basic electricity and control systems.
- Ability to apply the theory, technique, principles, and processes of the HVAC mechanic’s trade.
- Ability to read, understand, and work from blueprints, specifications, and schematics.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, or stand, lift and move heavy objects.
Additional Skills Desired
- Trade school education is preferred.
- Journeyman license preferred but not required.
- Chiller experience helpful.
- Medical, Dental available.
- Company-paid training program.
- Paid Uniforms and Boots.
- Vacation paid time off and holidays.
Please submit your qualifications to email@example.com and tell us how you can “Make It Major” with our team of world-class professionals!